How to Get Involved
A farm doesn’t exist without a community. Volunteers have always been part of the Cottingham Farm tradition and we encourage anyone interested to become a volunteer. If you’ve ever wanted to know more about what farming is like; wanted to pick up tips on how to farm; or simply interested in lending us a hand; we welcome your involvement!
Regular volunteer days are Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays. If your interested in volunteering please email Cleo using our contact form and let us know what day you’re available to volunteer. Our normal volunteer days don’t work in you schedule? No worries, we can usually figure out a schedule that works.
Please Note: Since we are a production farm please do not drop-in without prior arrangements. Being a production farm we want to insure our volunteers have a productive and safe time on the farm.
Visitors and Farm Tours
Interested in touring the farm, seeing our greenhouses, checking out our heirloom tomatoes, and the lovely habitat areas we’ve developed. We welcome small groups with prior arrangements. Please email us to schedule a date and time.
- All visitors must have closed-toed shoes (no sandals or flip-flops).
- All children must be accompanied by adults.
- We love animals too but please no pets (service animals are welcome).
- No smoking is permitted anywhere on the farm (ever, seriously).
- Find yourself by a closed gate? Please don’t open it. It’s likely closed for a reason.
- When in our crop fields please walk along the paths and not on the plants.
- Farms have lots of machinery. Please use common sense and be careful around any equipment and tractors.
- Summer days can get very hot. We recommend sunscreen, plenty of water, and a hat.